Here are some of the things I have been working on in Mia's room. 
This is just some paper mache letters that I covered in scrap book paper, & decorated with other some other stuff, I am pleased with how it came out.
And this is her light. We got it from Ikea and I painted it. I painted the bands (or what ever you want to call them) Green because originally it was going to be a vine with flowers & stuff on it but both Lance & Nate didn't like that idea, so it ended up splattered, had that been my original plan I wouldn't have chosen green I would have gone with purple. But you can't win them all. I've had some fun trying to decorate her room, I've framed a few things (not crafty & therefore not blog worthy) and I picked out a super cute comforter, but it will have to wait until she is out of the crib and in a big girl bed. Which by the way reminds me,when should I take her out of the crib? Then when I do that how do I get her to stay in her bed? Any mom's have any advise?
This is just some paper mache letters that I covered in scrap book paper, & decorated with other some other stuff, I am pleased with how it came out.
4 comments:
Cute crafty projects! I especially love the "Mia" letters.
The whole crib to bed thing is a personal preference. I can tell you that because all of our children are approximately 2 years apart in age, all of my babies were out of the crib around 18 months. Sarah is my only kid that has been in there longer than that and we will be moving her out in April when she turns 2 (about two months before baby is due).
Getting them to stay in bed...well, that depends a lot on each child. Some of our kids have been really easy to transition and some still tend to get out of bed at bedtime...we just keep putting them back and eventually they figure it out! Good luck!
Fun projects! I didn't know you had a blog until I saw your comment on Becky's blog. Fun to find your family here!
Keep Mia in a crib as long as possible! If she is curious about anything, or already has a hard time getting to sleep, then the transition will be tough if not impossible! A lot of kids find great security in their cribs and it really screws up their sleeping patterns if you take them out too early. In my (short) experience, unless you have another baby who needs the crib, let her stay in there as long as she wants. You will know when she's ready for a big girl bed!
awesome job on the letters and globe craft. they look great! its so fun to create, huh? i promised myself i would start crafting again once i felt better. until then, i'll admire others creations!
Post a Comment